Saturday, October 20, 2012
Coconut Flour Almond Butter Cookies
§ 1/4 cup coconut flour
§ 1/2 cup almond butter
§ 6 pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 15 minutes)
§ 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
§ 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
§ 2 eggs (beaten)
§ 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
§ 1 tsp vanilla extract
§ 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
§ 1/2 tsp baking soda
§ 2 tbsps dried cherries
§ 2 tbsps chopped walnuts
§ 3 tbsps currants
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the coconut flour, almond butter, and dates in a food processor or blender. Process until well combined and the dates have broken up into really small pieces, about a minute.
3. Add the shredded coconut, applesauce, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and baking soda and process for 30 seconds until a wet dough forms.
4. Add in the remaining ingredients, and pulse once or twice until the fruit is incorporated into the dough but not chopped up.
5. Using an ice cream scoop or large tablespoon, drop the dough in heaping spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Dip a metal spatula in water, and use the bottom to lightly press down each ball of dough. These cookies will not spread or rise so make sure to make them the shape you want them prior to baking.
7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are golden on top and slightly brown along the edges. Serve immediately or store in the freezer, thawing for 15 to 20 minutes before you plan to serve them.
I found this recipe on a "no grain" recipe site. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with it. These will curb the sweet tooth of any Phase III'er out there!!!! I'm so happy right now (I'm eating one as I'm typing). I will do some research to determine the calorie count on these to see how many I can have with my yogurt in the morning, after my salad at lunch, and with my ice cream after dinner! : )