Friday, October 19, 2012

Pancakes & Apple (Syrup)

So, I use to really get my nose pushed out of shape (exactly what does that mean?) when someone would try to convince me that something would taste "exactly like" something else when we both would know that it didn't taste ANYTHING like what it was suppose to taste like.  Am I making any sense here?  So let me be completely honest (like there is partial honesty) and tell you that these pancakes aren't anything like IHOP's; however, if you, like me haven't had grains, or sweeteners for almost 2 months, you will probably love these like I loved these.  As I began to cook them, I realized I started to feel a little disappointed because the texture wasn't like flour pancakes.  Well, guess what?  They aren't flour pancakes!!!  What they are is something between a pancake and a crepe and they were beyond my expectations, my disappointment melted as soon as the first forkful entered my mouth.  Holy Jump'in Skyscrapers, Batman!!!  These were really really really good.  So, here's what I did:

Pancakes

4      eggs
4      tablespoons butter, melted
4      tablespoons heavy whipping cream
11/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2   teaspoon cinnamon
1/2   teaspoon salt
4      tablespoons almond flour (you can use coconut flour)
1/2   teaspoon baking powder
11/2 scoops vanilla protein powder

Whisk together butter, cream, vanilla and eggs.  In another bowl; whisk flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder, combine wet and dry ingredients.  Add protein powder and mix well.  Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, add small amount of butter or coconut oil.  Spoon batter into skillet and brown on both sides.

Prior to making the pancakes:

Apple (Syrup)

Peel, core, and thinly slice an apple.  Place apple in a small sauce pan or skillet; saute in a dab of butter, add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup water and cook down to thicken, about 15 minutes, add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, cook an additional 5 minutes.  Serve over pancakes.  You can top with whipping cream or vanilla yogurt (I use my homemade yogurt)  Note: you will read that highlighted statement often during this blog.   : )





No comments:

Post a Comment