Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Milkshake

This recipe was given to me by my Phase III BFF Txnwoman whom I lovingly refer to simply as "Texas".  She saved me on Phase III.  I seemed to have had the biggest brain freeze in my life during the first 3 days of Phase III thinking that I was to continue eating the same as I did in Phase II only 3 times the amount of everything so that I could eat 1500 calories.  HEY!!!!  I hear your snickering out there...and some of you are actually laughing out loud.......knock it off!!!  Right now!!!!  Okay, and even though I read Dr. Simeon's manuscript almost completely (except for the Doctor part where it was very technical) it just escaped me that I was to begin adding everything except starches and sugars; a grey moment, I guess.  Anyway, I just went to my local health food store and purchased the biggest container of protein powder with the highest caloric count that I could find, whole milk and prayed that I could eat enough.  And then......(angelic music, please....there she was, Texas, I mean) telling me hey, you, go buy cream, make really big omelets, with cheese, avocados, and butter and stuff.  WHAT, I said............ Oh, Boy!!!  So my life changed as I knew it and here I sit today at my computer living proof to share this experience with you.  I didn't gain ONE ounce since my LIW and didn't loose more that 2 pounds.  I still continue to follow the directions of weighing each day, keeping a food journal and attempt to eat at least 1500 calories and exercise some (walking only).  I regress, on with the scrumptious recipe.  Again, thanks Texas!

3/4      cups vanilla flavored almond milk (unsweetened)
3/4      teaspoon Truvia
3/4      teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4      cup cream (frozen)
4         ounces pumpkin puree (frozen)

Blend the first three ingredients in a blender, add the chopped up cream and pumpkin.  Serve.
Freeze the pumpkin and cream for a thicker and colder milk shake; you may want to "chop" it up some prior to blending it with the rest of the ingredients.

I did change this up for me; mainly due to the ingredients I had at the time, (okay and I named it dinner):
3/4      cup almond milk
1/2      teaspoon vanilla
1         teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2      cup cream
6         ounces pumpkin puree
1         scoop protein powder

Blend it all together, put in ice cream maker until consistency of a thick milkshake, add straw, drink, use napkin!!   : )




No comments:

Post a Comment